I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, January 22, 2014

1.22.14

Psalms 18:16&19 16. He (the Lord) reached down from heaven and rescued me; he drew me out of deep waters. 16. He led me to a place of safety; he rescued me because he delights in me.

My Thoughts
Wow... "This is my story, this is my song. Praising my Savior all the day long." This is so what God did for me. Lupus had put me in a bad place, the pain of it the worry of it...I was stuck at home, not hardly leaving the house without Robby...then God put that One Year Bible in my hand through my son, John-Robert and I begin to read... only a couple of months later God placed me next to a sweet, sweet lady at the doctors office that invited me to Bible Study. I will never be the same... God reached down from heaven and rescued me from deep waters...and he deposited me in a place of safety, in the middle of God loving, God fearing people in a Church I would have never chosen to go to on my own. God made sure I was surrounded in love. And now these added words, "because He delights in me!"
What is so wonderful about our great God is how much that He delights in all of us. He is waiting to bless all of us. We just have to move to a place of obedience so that He can. I stumbled into obedience and God was able to bless me. He was just waiting, watching for a chance to do something for me. And He hasn't stopped blessing me since!
He waited until I was ready to know and understand and share His love for me when He healed me of Lupus and Fybromylgia. Four years ago I could not leave my house because Lupus had inflicted me with pain and sickness, then taken my self-esteem so much so that I couldn't leave the house. Three days ago I stood up in front of 180 people and shared what God has done in my life! My eyes fill with happy tears. And you know what? God has lots more growing of me to do!

Will you let God grow you? His word is like yeast, Jesus tells us this in Matthew. Just a little of God's word each day will make a huge difference in our lives!

No comments: