I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, January 8, 2014

1.8.14

Matthew 6:31-33 So don't worry about these things, saying, "what will we eat? What will we drink? What will we ware? These thing dominate the thoughts if unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. 

My Thoughts
My Study notes, today, for the Old Testament said, "We are most likely to sin when we are desperate-feeling that we must have something. Then I read this right after. The world teaches us to want and want and want, then to want more. When I was a little girl I got new toys two times a year in my birthday and at Christmas. I got new clothes when school started and toward the end of the school year when weather started to warm up. I learned not to "want" except at these times if the year. I must admit that now I want something almost all the time. I can get pretty focused on buying stuff  for my next craft/art project. It is hard to buy things for people at Christmas because people tend to go out and by pretty much what they want. We get so focused on our next want, that we forget to stay focused on God. We can tend to feel a little desperate for things we want when we have all that we need. The more "things" that are created the more "things" we put in the necessary pile...we can have all that we really actually "need," in fact we can have an abundance of what we "need" Then still think we need more. We get so focused on seeking the next new gadget that we forget to focus on God. We forget to notice that God has already supplied all that we do "need" and he has even given us so many of the desires of our hearts. Yet we forget to keep our eyes in Him.

This has been a good lesson to me! A very good lesson. There are some things I am about to change in my life.  I need to focus more on God and less on my wants. Then I need to be very aware of how God is supplying all of my needs. Evey single one of them! 

No comments: