I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, January 26, 2014

1.26.14

Matthew 16:15-17 Then Jesus asked them, "But who do you say I am?" 
Simon Peter answered, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the Living God." 
Jesus replied, "You are blessed, Simon son of John, because my Father in Heaven has revealed this to you. You didn't learn this from a human being.

My Thoughts
Simon Peter was blessed simply because he believed, not what man had said, but that God had told him. I wonder how often we miss God's blessings because we believe what man has said about God instead of believing what God tells us about Himself? This verse really stood out to me when I stopped and looked back at my own walk with God. I spent years wanting to understand God more, all the time waiting on some preacher or teacher to tell me what I needed to know. Once I picked up God's word for myself, let God teach me about Him, my life started to change in amazing ways. I began to experience God's blessings everywhere I looked.

We can surround ourselves with believers who help us grow. We can listen and learn from our pastors and our teachers. But we must never overlook what God says about Himself. When we get into God's word God makes sure we understand. If we seek wisdom, God will make sure that wisdom finds us. God will reveal Himself to is. We can't seek what the preacher says, or our teachers say, we can lean from them and grow with them.  But when we seek we must seek what God says. I know in my life that has made all the difference.

No comments: