I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, January 7, 2014

1.7.14

Proverbs 2:1-5 My child, listen to what I say, and treasure my commands. Tune your ears to wisdom, and concentrate on understanding. Cry out for insight, and ask for understanding. Search for them as you would for silver; seek them like hidden treasures. Then you will understand what it means to fear the Lord, and you will gain knowledge of God.
My Thoughts

Right here it tells us that it is our responsibility to seek the wisdom of God. We have a duty to do all that we can to understand what God is telling us in His word. It tells us too that if we seek understanding and cry out for out that we will gain knowledge. It does not however say that we will gain knowledge without seeking.
If we run a red light we will still get a ticket even if we say, "I didn't know!" What will they say at the gates of Heaven if we say, "I didn't know?" I for years had Bibles in my house that collected dust, or looked pretty on my arm when I went off to Church. I didn't know! Know when I read God's word, I am shocked at the things that I didn't know!! I didn't know because I didn't take the time, or make the effort to know. There is so much more that I have to learn...I just pray that I live long enough to learn all that God requires of me. I feel so blessed by God's grace that will help me understand and make me strong. Before I started reading my Bible I didn't understand what grace was at all.

I am in no way saying, "I do this right!" I fall so shot all the time! I should have been seeking knowledge for years and years instead of the last 4 years. I shutter to think about how far behind I am now. I just share my experience because I what other people that have not thought to pick up their Bibles to do so... this process has changed my life in the most amazing ways. Each day that I pick up my Bible and read it I become more dependent on God and less dependent on me and my life just gets better. God takes so much better care of me than I was ever or could ever take of myself. The more I learn to give over to God the better my life becomes. I am amazed by that fact alone. The more that I understand, truly understand, that all I have comes from God, the more amazed I am at how much that God loves me.

Reading our Bibles, seeking knowledge does not increase the burdens on our lives. It does not give us more to do. It give us a better way to live. God's word is full of covenants that God has made for us. A covenant is a promise based on an action. If we don't know what those covenants we can not benefit from them by choosing to do our part. The more of God's covenant promises I learn the more my life changes for the better.

If we leave the learning of these wonderful blessings up to others, we may just miss out on blessings that best fit our personal lives. Bible Info.com tells me that there are 3573 promises in the Bible... What if the people teaching me focus on 30 of those... there may be another 30 there that would benefit my personal life more. The fact is the more of those promises I know the better my life will be...and 52 Sunday mornings are just not enough to learn them all. So for my life to be the best it can be I have to pick up God's word and seek His wisdom for my life.

What I have learned to love about God is that everything that He ask me to do for Him, benefits me in amazing ways...now that is love people! That is love!



No comments: