I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, January 16, 2014

1.16.14

Matthew 11:23-30 then Jesus said, "Come to me all you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, because I am humble and gentle at heart and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear and the burden I give you is light." 

My Thoughts
Oh! Wow! This made me smile! I look back at the me that thought she knew God and see confusion at this verse...and sit with me now, the person that takes time with, almost every day getting to know Him. What a difference time in God's word makes. I use to see the things God ask of me as something else to add to my list of so much. Now I see the things that God ask me to do as yet another way to make my life easier and better! 

Satan lies all the time...he tells us so thing will be fun and exciting with an oh this is gong to make your life so much better at the end to entice us further. The best example of this is addiction ... Look this will make you high and happy, it will make you forget all your troubles...but we all know addiction just adds to our burdens... It promises so much, but takes instead if giving. All sin does that... It is just easy to see in addiction. 

Jesus on the other hand tells us.. This won't be easy to do, but it will be worth it. If you do this your life will be happier in the end. I do ask stuff of you, but the burden is not hard, there is a burden though... But it isn't hard and if you will choose to Cary it... I will makes sir you have rest. 

Jesus lays it all out there... Satan hides all the ugly parts. Satan is the master of if it is too good to be true promises. 

Since I have come to really know Jesus, to really know and understand just how much Gid loves me I know the rewards that God offers us always make my life better in the end. If He tells me to be careful with my money, then I always have enough. If He tells me to take each day and spend time with Him, He rewards that by making my day go smoother and stretching my time. If He tells me to keep my mouth shut, I get to sleep better at night. The list goes on and on. God never tricks me and He always rewards my true efforts. I am constantly amazed. So glad I was blessed wth my alone Year Bible and that I started reading it. It is my path to knowing God better! 

No comments: