I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, January 2, 2014

1.2.14

Genesis 4:7 You will be accepted if you do what is right. But if you refuse to do what is right, then watch out! Sin is waiting at the door, eager to control you. But you must subdue it and be it's master. 

My Thoughts
We have a choice, we can control sin or we can let sin control us. The first step in controlling sin is to do what is right. When we do that we keep the door to sin shut. Some choices me make open the door a little, some open the door wide, really wide and sin takes over. Even when we do our best, sin can slither in through the crack in the bottom. We must stay on our toes and be constantly aware.

I know when I have let sin in that all control escapes me. My kind runs wild, what seemed right seems all wrong.  It seems impossible to take my thoughts captive. Anxiety takes hold, it is next to impossible to control my emotions. When I let sin in and it takes control of me, Satan has me where he wants me, unable to function. Then I am more open to suggestion.

When I take control enough to give God control, I am peaceful, filled with joy, able to take my thoughts captive with God's word. I am open to suggestion, but not so relieved by it that I make unwise choices. I am able to discern good from bad. I am best able to take control when I renew my mind daily with God's word then I have wisdom that helps me take control with wise choices.

Satan loves to make us think he is giving us control, then have our lives spiral out of control. God tells us the truth up front. God tells us that at times life will be hard. God tells us that there are things we will have to give up. God tells us what He will reward us with when we make right choices. God even tells us that He will send down His grace to make us able. God stays with us all the way. God loves us and acts in that love.  Satan lures us in with lies then let's us fall after he says it's okay to jump.

We have a choice, we can take control of sin, or we can let sin control us. Taking control of sin takes effort, but it is an effort that God rewards. How amazing is God that he gives us rules that make our lives better,then He rewards us for following those rules!

No comments: