I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, January 15, 2014

1.15.14

Psalm 13:1 O Lord, how long will you forget me? Forever? How long will you look the other way? 


My Thoughts
In verse 5, David says, "But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me."  I could not help but notice that David felt like God was gone nowhere to be found yet David still talked to God...sharing all his thoughts even his frustration. Even though David felt that God was not there he knew in his heart of hearts that God loved him and would rescue him. David did many things wring, but he always, always trusted God. Because of that God vaunted David as righteous.

These verses teach me that even when I wonder where God is that I need to keep on talking to God. Even if all I can say to Him is, "God, where are you?" Those words show that I know, that I still believe in God whether I feel Him near or not. Those words will show me that I still believe...and if I still believe that I, like David, will have to believe that God in His unfailing love will rescue me.

No comments: