I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, January 21, 2014

1.21.14

Matthew 13:22 The seed that fell among the thorns represents those who hear God's word, but the message is crowded the worries of this life and the lure of wealth, so no fruit is produced.

My Thoughts
I believe that this is where I was stuck for years and years... on a merry-go-round of learning about God then loosing what I learned because I couldn't stay focused on it because my focus was on what to worry about next. My grandmother taught my mom, and my mom taught me that if you are not worried about something that you must not care.  If I had a bad report card, and I had lots of those, my mom would say, "Did you not worry about your grades?" So I would worry about them. So then you take that into adulthood and you worry about all that you care about, you husband, your marriage, your kids, your money... anything that you needed, anything that mattered you worried about...that meant you cared. If I didn't worry my world would fall apart! Duh me! I worried about my grades and they didn't change.  Worry didn't change anything in my life... it just got in the way. In fact it made life harder which produced more worry.  

When I learned to spend my time in God's word, in prayer, in pondering what I read that day in my Bible reading...I started crowding out worry with thoughts of God. And as I learned to trust God I learned to give Him the left over worry that I still had time for.  That is when my life began to change in amazing ways!  That is when I begin to grown in God.  That is when I really started to know who God is and just how much God loves me!  When I started spending my time with God, on God, knowing God my growing roots began to choke out the worry in my life... there was no room for worry because I was using it to spend time with God. 

Knowing God has done so much more for me than I could have ever imagined...but if all it did for me was help me not worry, that alone would have been enough to change my life!

No comments: