I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, August 11, 2011

Psalms 31:19  How great is the goodness you have stored up for those who fear you. You lavish it on those who come to you for protection, blessing them before the watching world.

My Thoughts
Remember here fear means extreme reverence or awe. When I took time to look up fear I felt so much better about the word fear in the Bible when talking about God.  When we are in awe of God when we revear him (revere is defined as to regard with respect) when we respect God. When we take time to know God, he stores us goodness for us!!  He doesn't just give us a little goodness he stores up lots of goodness for us. Imagine how big a storehouse in heaven must be. God stores up goodness for us and lavishes it upon us. When we love God with all our heart when we regard him with respect and awe God stores up goodness for us!! Wow...then, then after he stores it all up one day when we need God the most he gives us all those blessings he has stored for us for all the world to see!! How exciting is that!! 

I always have to put it in human terms to wrap my mind around what God will do for me. So I think of it like this. A grandparent has a trip planned to the store, then her/his grandchild calls and say Grandmother I love you so much and I wanted to call you and tell you. This makes the grandmother so happy it just feels her heart that her grandchild has taken time to call her/him just to say I love you. Then the grandmother  goes shopping...and she filled with happy thoughts about her thoughtful grandchild...she runs across something she know they will love. She can't help but spot it, after all that grandchild is clear and present in her heart and mind on this day. She buys that wonderful gift for that wonderful child and takes it home and stores it up for him/her. To lavish them with it when she sees them!! Well if they get in need before she sees them and she has to run and help them, she grabs the wonderful gift on her way out the door to make her grandchild feel better.

This is what God does for us, he stores up presents for us. When we take time for God it puts us in his mind and he can't help but want to put something special away for us because he loves us so much!! The people we love and trust are the people we go to when things are hard, but they are also the people that we just want to talk to. They are the people that we take time to check in with and let them know we are thinking about them. That is how we should be with God! We need to take the time to let God know how much we love and respect him. When we do God thinks of us when he goes shopping.


No comments: