I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, August 5, 2011

8.5.11

Numbers 15:38-30 (God said)“Give the following instructions to the people of Israel: Throughout the generations to come you must make tassels for the hems of your clothing and attach them with a blue cord.  When you see the tassels, you will remember and obey all the commands of the Lord instead of following your own desires and defiling yourselves, as you are prone to do.  The tassels will help you remember that you must obey all my commands and be holy to your God. ...."

My Thoughts
When I was a little girl every day in each classroom across my school the teacher lead a prayer. Children were respectful then and parents backed the teacher if the student got into trouble.We were reminded each morning to be good by prayer. We were reminded that God was in control.  I think that prayer was much like the tassels hanging from the hems of the clothing of the Israelites.  We didn't even realize how much it reminded us to be good, to do what is right.

What I love about my daily Bible reading is that I get reminded daily of something that God expects from me. I get reminded daily how much God loves me.  I get reminded daily that God forgives me. I get reminded daily that I can go to God with anything.... the most important part is that I go to Him. I get reminded daily that I am not alone... I get reminded daily that God expects me to do my best. I get reminded daily that God loves me now matter how bad that I mess things us. I get reminded daily how to make my life here on earth a better place.... I get reminded daily that heaven is my future. I get reminded daily that we are all God's children. I get reminded daily to love everybody, not just the lovable.

I heard recently about a psychologist (I think) that decided to have each of his patients read, not reciete but to read, slowly and carefully with much thought to each sentence the 23rd Psalm. Thy were to read this three times a day for two weeks and then come back to his office.  The patients that did this were better, many needing no more treatment in just two weeks.  I bleive this is because they were reminded over and over that God is in control and that he loves us and he cares for us.  The were not without their tassel and it changed them.  What if each Christina in America did this three times a day for just two weeks?  I think it would turn our country in a new directions... it would turn each of our lives in a new directions I know.

The 23rd Psalm

The Lord is my shepherd;
I have all that I need.
He lets me rest in green meadows;
he leads me beside peaceful streams.
He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
bringing honor to his name.
Even when I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will not be afraid,
for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff
protect and comfort me.
You prepare a feast for me
in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
My cup overflows with blessings.
Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
all the days of my life,
and I will live in the house of the Lord
forever.

No comments: