I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, August 9, 2011

8.9.11

Psalms 31:7 I will be glad and rejoice in your unfailing love, for you have seen my troubles, and you care about the anguish of my soul.

My Thoughts
Anguish is defined as excruciating or acute distress, suffering, or pain. I love this God cares about our distress, our suffering our pain. God cares if we are anxious.  When we are in pain, when we are suffering or are in distress those are the times we feel most alone. We don't have to be!  God cares about every detail of our lives.

So often we see God's all knowing as "Oh no! God knows all our sin." He does know our sin and He always loves us in spite of ourselves.  He always forgives us if we confess.  I love to think of God's all knowing as him knowing me so much, in such detail that he understands my suffering, my joy, my pain, my happiness.  God knows and more importantly God cares.  I love the quote "Don't judge a man until you have walked a mile in their shoes." As people we can only see people from our perspective and our experiences. God sees us with a  full knowledge of all that we have been through, all that we have done.  He knows the scars that we have suffered from those experiences. God know the pain and suffering we have gone through. God loves us so much and he cares about the anguish of our soul. God scatters our sin as far as the east is from the west (Psalms 103:12). Then after God separates us from our sin he comforts us and loves us and repairs our pain and hurt. I have sat and felt God engulf me in his love. It is an amazing feeling to sit quietly with my eyes closed and ask God to surround me with his love, then to sit still and feel Gods presence. It is a healing of the soul that only God can do. God does this because he cares and he loves us so much!

I love that the more I know God the more I know to expect from God. I love that now when I am in the mist of a storm I know that God will get me through. Storms use to feel like the end of the world, like I was falling in a deep dark whole never to return. Now I have learned to feel calm in the storm because I know that God has me in his hands and I will still be standing when the storm is over and I will walk away with more knowledge of how amazing God is.

No comments: