I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, August 15, 2011

8.15.11

1 Corinthians 10:13 The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience.  And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand.  When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure.

My Thoughts
This is a wonderful verse!! It tells us that that everybody has the same thoughts as us, the same tempting thoughts. It says that the devil is whispering the same thoughts in every body's mind. It is really comforting to know. We are not alone in our thoughts...everybody has them... we are no different in our thoughts than anybody else. Often we feel like we are but we're not!! It means that how we act on those thoughts and temptations is what makes us who we are not the thoughts themselves.

I remember thinking about myself that if people could only see my thoughts they would think I was a horrible, terrible, awful person! But the kind of person I am is how I react to those thoughts in my head, thoughts the devil puts there.  If I refuse to think and act on those thoughts I am a good person. If I dwell on those bad  thoughts and then act on them  then I have given into temptation. The Bible tells us that in Luke 6:45 A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. What you say flows from what is in your heart. So when we choose to do good to say good, sweet, kind, encouraging words we are  good people. The devil likes to make us think our thoughts are what makes us bad. We have to guard our heads with our hearts by not dwelling on the bad thoughts the devil gives us. We need to move on to the good and the kind. We can do this better by storing Gods word in our heart and mind and calling upon what God tells us each time the devil tries to tempt us.

The next good part is that when we are tempted God always gives us a way out, always.  It is important to know this... to put it in our remembrance. There is always a way out, always. God gives us one!  So when a person is tempting us to do wrong, even a person in power over us like a boss or manager, God has a way out for us.  We need to be aware that God puts a way out in our path so we don't feel stuck to do something that we know we shouldn't. So if you know in your heart that you should not talk about people and your boss ask you to... God has put a way out there for you... you just need to be aware.  God takes care of his children. No matter what the devil tries to tempt us with, no matter what the devil puts in our path God has given us a way out. God always makes it possible for us to do the right thing.

No comments: