I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, August 3, 2011

8.3.11

Psalms 26:2-3 Put me on trial, Lord, and cross-examine me.  Test my motives and my heart. For I am always aware of your unfailing love, and I have lived according to your truth.

My Thoughts
I pray that I live each day, one day at a time in a way where  I could say this prayer at night with confidence that God would find my motives pure and my heart loving.  I pray that I am always, always aware of God's unfailing love and that I live according to God's truth. I believe this is possible one day at a time...I believe that we get tripped up when we see so many days stretched out in front of us that we expose our weaknesses to the devil.  If we leave yesterday in the past and leave tomorrow for tomorrow and just live today it is much easier to keep our eyes and our heart on God. Matthew 6:34 tells us "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Today I will keep my mind on God...The only thing I need to know about tomorrow is that it is new and I get to start over and try my best.  Today I will do my very best to love God with all my heart and love my neighbor as I love myself. 

No comments: