I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, August 4, 2011

8.4.11

Psalms 27:3 Though a mighty army surrounds me, my heart will not be afraid. Even if I am attacked , I will remain confident.

My Thoughts
About three years ago I found out I needed surgery. I was terrified! I cried for days leading up to the surgery. A sweet lady that I knew, that I had gone to Church with in the past came into the store and I asked her to pray for me.... at the time I had not started reading my Bible daily.... she asked if she cold tell me a story about her.... five years earlier she had found out that she had cancer, her husband was in the hospital with a stroke the day she found out.  She said that she went home that night and prayed to God that everything would be ok...she told God "that she had said her Bible verses and sang her praise songs and was still afraid and that if her husband were home with her that he would hold her and tell her everything was going to be ok".  She told me "at that moment she smelled the strongest sent of Baby Powder and then she new that God was with her and even if shed died she knew everything would be fine....and as she drifted off to sleep she felt a hand slip into hers".... and when she felt that hand she felt the nail scar in the middle."  I was thinking "oh to have that kind of faith in God."  Three years later she found out that Baby Powder smelled like Frankincense and Myrh..... I have since found out that that Baby Powder scented candles are scented with  Frakincense and Myrh.  Wow!.... I went back to work and told God "God I don't know my Bible verses like Ms Bonnie and if you stood in front of me and shook me I would not know if it was you talking to me...but I so want to know that I will be ok." Then a lady came on the isle I was working on...I asked her if she needed help...she said "no" and when she walked off I felt the strongest sents of ......... Baby Powder...and a calm came over me that was amazing.  Ms Bonnie is cancer free now... her husband is fine ...and instead of cutting me from hip to hip like they thought I only have 3 tiny incisions.  God is good. 

I didn't understand Ms Bonnie's kind of faith....and if I had read this verse at that time I would not understand not being afraid.... especially I were facing death... if I were being attacked by the devil.

You might ask how I ended up with Ms Bonnie's kind of faith....I will tell you.... the Bible.... reading my Bible every day.  Christmas of '09 my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible.... I started reading it on New Years Day...I have missed maybe one day since....and I caught up  that time.  I started reading it because it was a gift from my son.  I read it now because of all I have learned.  I have learned to know God... to truly know God.... now I know when God is talking to me...now I know that no matter what happens to me that I will be okay!!! I  use to be filled with anxiety over most everything..... now I hardly ever feel anxiety and when I do I go straight to God. Nobody still in my life has changed they are all the same they were good to me then and they are good to me now....but I could still have great anxiety around them. God has blessed my life in so many way and now I am able to see His blessings and I have been showered with even more blessings than before.  Did I love God before... I loved God because I was suppose to... I had asked Jesus into my heart.  But now I have a relationship with God, with Jesus, with the Holy Spirit.  I would have never know how without reading my Bible daily.  The more I read the more I understand God and all his wonder.  The closer I draw to God the more His Joy fills my life.  I didn't even understand most of what I read for the first few weeks.... but I kept reading.... and now on my second journey through the Bible I learn more and more and more. I now have confident hope in God.  God's word can change your life!

I recently had to have another surgery.... God told me that morning during my quite time with Him..... in the middle of reading my Bible to call the doctor now!... I did..... I went to the doctor and told him only two things that were going on... he knew what was wrong with me from those two things...that was God.... less than a week later I had surgery.  This time I did not have one moment of being afraid. As Ms Bonnie had said "even if I died I knew everything was going to be okay."  I felt such peace about that surgery, after all God had sent me to the doctor, I was going to be just fine. I had not been afraid even under attack! That is when I knew without a doubt that I finally knew how to really love and trust God.

God can change us!  God's word is powerful! If you need the peace and joy of God pick up the Bible and start reading!... Don't give up keep reading and praying and reading and praying. Soon you will find yourself with confidence in God. You will know when God is talking to you!  You will know, that you know, that you know!! God is good all the time!!

1 comment:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Praise God and thank you for this little message today, I needed it.