I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, August 31, 2011

8.31.11

2 Corinthians 4:17-18 For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!  So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.

My Thoughts
This verse tells me that no matter what is going on around me, no matter what is happening to me if I keep my eyes on Him I am building up glory in heaven. I see it like this, at the top of a mountain is the house you have always dreamed about.... all paid for...  running water, electricity, gas... the perfect car in the driveway...sitting on a mountain where it is always springtime...we are at the bottom of that mountain...all we have to do is make it to the top and it is all ours...now to get to the top we have to go through rough terrain, deep dark forest...cross a couple of raging rivers... but we can always look up and see the house there before us.  We accept the challenge!!  Sometimes we get lost in the forest.. a little off track...then we remember to look up again... we are again reminded of our goal and we get renewed strength to carry on.  The prize is ours if we keep pushing on.  When we look up the struggle doesn't seem all that hard, after all look at the prize...but when we just look at what is in front of us all we can see are the trees, and the rivers in the way... when we look up there are often life ropes that carry us right over our troubles. We miss those life ropes if we are looking forward.  We would all keep on keeping on if we had a mountain with all that we ever wanted sitting on the top.  We might have to stop and bandage our bodies, renew our spirit...but we would keep on keeping on!

We have that wonderful place in heaven...something more wonderful than we can ever imagine.... our earthly bodies don't even have the capacity to comprehend all the splendor and glory and love and happiness that is waiting for us. God tells us it is there waiting for us...we just have to keep our eyes on him as we go through our forest and our raging rivers... nothing is too big or too hard when we keep our eye on God...and God even throws us a life rope when the rivers are too wide!! We may not can see the mansion, but we can trust God to know that is is there. When we keep our eyes on God the troubles of this world are put into perspective.  When we listen to the thoughts the devil puts in our head he makes our problems so big that all we can see is what is in front of us.  God is so much bigger than all our problems, so much grander than anything we can imagine... when we keep our eyes on God, he takes care of the rest. When we keep our eyes on God everything we face is scaled down to size in comparison to God  instead of in comparison to us.

It is like this...when we are up next to a tree... toe to tree... all we can see is the tree..... if we move back a little we can see a path around it...if we move back further we see the forest..... if we move back further the tree gets even smaller... we give it to God, from the heavens that big tree becomes a tiny speck. When we look up during our troubles... we can let God do the looking down and the taking care of... after all it is so easy for him!!






1 comment:

Penney Douglas said...

Oh, I love this. I feel that this is true for us in the now and in Eternity. We as a family are searching for the home that God has for us. We have been trudging through the wilderness, through trees and rivers, and we keep looking to the place that God has prepared for us. And in the spiritual, it is so much better if we're looking up to Him instead of looking at circumstances and trials.
The rewards will all be so worth it.
Thank you for sharing!