I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, August 8, 2011

8.8.11

Proverbs 20:28 Unfailing love and faithfulness protect the king; his throne is made secure through love.

My Thoughts
I learned recently that the last third of the book of Proverbs is written for kings so that they can be the best kings they can be. To teach them wisdom about being in charge.  I though of how this could apply today to anybody "in charge." A manager, a teacher, a parent...anybody over a group of people.

When I was a teenager I worked at Wendys... we had this amazing boss..... he actually spoiled me, all of us to what a boss is suppose to be like. I have never again had a boss that could so motivate people!  He did this through love...he was only in his 20's but he was a brilliant manager. As I look back I know that what he had for a group of teenage kids was unfailing love and faithfulness. God commands us to love one another and to be good to one another. Kevin, that manager did just that! He did special things for us all the time... on Valentines day he would bring all the girls a flower and if you ran the register you could put it at the register.  He had monthly store meetings where he handed out all manner of pins for accomplishments.... we wore those on our uniforms, proudly. I had about 15 pins in the 18 months I worked for him. When the district manager would come to the store I would get so nervous!!  He always told me, "Jeannie don't worry I am your manager and I am the only person that has the power to fire  you and you are not going anywhere." He made me feel safe!  He planned hay rides in the fall and organized ball games with other stores. He was amazing.  Kevin  left for bigger and better things and we got a new manager....no more pins were handed out....no flowers on Valentines, no ballgames or hay rides.  The new manager always made us feel like we would be in trouble, we became afraid to breath. He ruled with an iron fist. Kevin ruled with love and faithfulness.  Kevin's love and faithfulness paid off too. There is nothing we would not do for him!  If he called us in  to work when were were not scheduled we would cancel plans to work.  If the store was going to have an inspection we would show up and work for free getting the store in tip top shape.  When the new manager came we didn't do those things.  We missed the days where there was nothing Kevin would not do for us and nothing we would not do for Kevin. All because of  his love and faithfulness to us. 

When we are loving and faithful to others we are showing the love and faithfulness of God.  As children of God we should be what God is. God is all about loving us and being faithful to his promises to us. 

Love and faithfulness are seeds that grow wonderful rewards!

No comments: