I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, August 19, 2011

8.19.11

1 Corinthians 12:24b-26 So God has put the body together such that extra honor and care are given to those parts that have less dignity. This makes for harmony among the members, so that all the members care for each other. If one part suffers, all the parts suffer with it, and if one part is honored, all the parts are glad.

My Thoughts
In this chapter Paul was explaining to the Corinthians how each person in the body of Christ had a part to play.  Paul compares the body of Christ, Christians to an actual body...some parts seem way more important in our body then other parts but we need each part and each part works together to make the whole.  Our legs may get us to the fields but our hands pick the fruit.  We are all important to God!  Even though we are not all the Joel Osteens or the Joyce Meyers we are all important to God's plan.  Our job may simply be to lead one person to Christ and that may be all we ever do but that one person my never know God without us doing our part.  Each person is that important to God.

We should never look down on another Christian because we think he/she isn't meeting their purpose we have not idea what that purpose is.  We should support one another, be glad for one another and protect one another.  We should love one another and make it where each person can reach the potential God has planned for them. We should celebrate each thing a person does that advances the Kingdom of God.  We should know and understand that we all matter because God made each and every one of us. We should never give up on ourselves because we are important to God and God has a important plan for each one of us.  What  we can do may not seem important to the world but it is important to God!!







No comments: