I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, August 7, 2011

8.7.11

Pslams 29:11 The Lord Gives his people strength. The Lord blesses them with peace.

My Thoughts
I asked Jesus into my heart when I was 9 years old.... I was 48 years old before I really "got it." People would talk about the peace of God. I kept wondering where mine was. I wondered where peoples strength came from... those that you could see loved God... like my grandmother... she had strength...she never looked back with regret she just moved forward and trusted God.  That tiny little lady was probably the strongest person I have even know. My Mawmaw got her strength from God.  I went to church on Sundays for years at a time... I would still feel lost, so lost. I just somewhere along the way didn't understand that I had to pursue a relationship with God. I had to take time to get to know God.  I had to spend time with God. My grandmother spent time with God, how did I miss that most important part of the puzzle?

I love that it is never, ever too late to get to know God. I wish that I had sat down with  my grandmother years ago and said "Mawmaw what is it that I am missing here?" She would have told me! It is not enough just to ask Jesus into your heart. That is the most important part, that part is a must.  But taking time with God each day that is what will change your peace and your strength.

David spent time with God. The Bible shows us how David talked to God about everything. David talked to God when he was angry and when he was happy. David went to God when he did something wrong and David went to God when he did what was right. David was a great man of God not because of his accomplishments... David was a great man of God because he spent time with God.  Then God accomplished great things through David. David trusted God.

Trust..... now that is a powerful word.  We have to truly know somebody to really trust them. Before I knew God, really knew God I didn't know what to trust God with.  I didn't know what of me I could give to Him so I never gave God much at all...I kept it all to myself. When I prayed I talked at God not to Him... not with Him I talked at him.  Sure I asked him to forgive me!!  Of course I did that.  But I didn't know to I could tell him "God I have messed up!!... and I will mess up again if you don't help me!"  I just didn't "get" how much God loved me. How much God would do for me! How I can always go back to go no matter how far away from God I wander.

The more I know God, the more I spend time with God the more of God's strength I have and the more peace I have. Relationships take time and effort. You will get more for your time and effort with God than you will get with anything or anybody else on this earth. If you miss that peace of God and that strength of God stop and make time to truly know God and see what wonderful changes He will make in your life!!

No comments: