I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, August 12, 2011

8.12.11

Psalms 32:4 Finally, I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide my guilt. I said to myself, "I will confess my rebellion the the Lord." And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone.

My Thoughts
I love this!!  Love it!!  When we have done something wrong we just go to God and tell him, confess it and God forgives us!  This is a part we often miss... "All my guilt is gone." When we give our sins to God he throws them as far as the east is to the west (Psalms 103:12). Then we get to walk away guilt free, we have been forgiven!!  We don't have to go around feeling guilty. In fact God does not want us to go around feeling guilty... he wants us to be free to live the best life we can and we can't do our best when we are wallering in guilt.

One morning I was busy folding clothes, this was not long after my mom died.  I was taking to God here and there and I was feeling guilty about some things with my mom... feeling like I could have/should have done some things better.  Then these words came to my heart, I know from God  "When you worry about the person you didn't know how to be you can become the person you were meant to be." God does not want us walking around in guilt. God wants us to learn from our mistakes and do better.

The devil loves to bring up our past in our minds. The devil knows that guilt can stop us in our tracks. So he brings our mistakes, our sins to our memory. We have to use the power of God to rebuke those memories and move forward in joy! I have learned to say to the devil when he brings up those memories, "God has forgiven me, I have been made whole. I am wonderfully made and God loves me." When I give my sins to God and he throws them away, as far as the east is from the west,  I get to live a new day, to start over all clean and white with God's light leading my way!

No comments: