I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, August 17, 2011

8.17.11

Nehemiah 12:43a Many sacrifices were offered on that joyous day, for God had given the people cause for great joy.

My Thoughts
Once Jesus died for our sins we no longer had to offer sacrifices. Jesus was our sacrifice. Now all we have to do is say thank you God for.  All we have to do is thank God with our mouths and our hearts. The people here were joyful, they had been given so much and they celebrated!

I remember my mom telling me, that she read once, that today we live like a house with a 100 servants did years ago before running water and electricity, piped in gas. It would take a 100 people to bring us our wanted to heat our homes, to can our food, to keep us as comfortable as we are today. God has given us all of this and we forget to say thank you.

I know that one of the sweetest things I hear is when a small child looks up and says "thank you." We are taught that when we help our fellow man it is the same as if we helped Jesus. Wouldn't a thank you to the people around us be the same too? Today many people are shocked when you say thank you...it takes them by surprise...I have seen it in their faces. The look puzzled, then pleased and light up and say your welcome. We need to wake up and thank God for a new day, for our families, we need to thank God for the food that is so easily prepared, we need to thank God for our cars, our health, our homes, our jobs. Every time we have reason to smile, we have reason to say thank you!!  We need to thank each other. We need to be constantly mindful of all that we have to be thankful for.  If we are busy being thankful, if we are constantly looking for a chance to thank God I bet our reasons to complain would seem small in comparison. If we were constantly thankful, mindful of things to be thankful for, I bet we would begin to overlook, to not even see the things we complain about now. 

Psalms 50:14 says "Let thankfulness be your sacrifice". God sacrificed his only son on the cross so that we could have so much! The least we could do is take time to notice, and tell God thank you.

1 comment:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Along with the many many things we are all thankful to God for in our lives, we are also thankful to God that He has given us you to share these daily devotions with us.
Thank You!