I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, August 29, 2011

8.119.11

Job 32:8  But there is a [vital force] a spirit [of intelligence] in man, and the breath of the Almighty gives me understanding.

My Thoughts
I love this!! God puts the Holy Spirit inside us to help us understand his words, to help us understand others, to help us make intelligent choices, to help us love one another,  to help us understand God's plan for our lives. The more I learn to listen to the Holy Spirit the more I do understand. The more I listen to the Holy Spirit inside of me the more loving I am. The more I listen to the Holy Spirit inside of me the more pleased I am with my life. The more I listen to the Holy Spirit the more I want to know!! 2 Corinthians 3:17 says that "For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." I love the freedom we get from God...it is a freedom of spirit, a freedom of mind, a freedom to love others.  It is much like the freedom a baby has to learn and explore and grow, to love everyone around them... babies get to be all they need to be because there is somebody watching over them keeping them safe...guiding there steps, picking them up when they fall, providing for them. Babies have the freedom to be all that they can be with someone stronger there to watch over them and keep them safe. Does this mean they never fall? no...does this mean they never get sick? no.... Does this mean things are always easy for them? no.... Does this mean they don't have to try? no... but it does mean that they are being watched over, they are being provided for, they are being loved, they are being picked up when they fall, someone is holding their hand when it needs holding, the are constantly being loved and cared for. Babies have the freedom to grow into something wonderful, and joyous. So do we when we have the Holy Spirit inside of us!

No comments: