I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, February 21, 2010

2.21.10

Proverbs 10:8 The wise are glad to be instructed, but babbling fools fall flat on their faces. 

My Thoughts
Wise is defined as: marked by deep understanding, keen discernment, and a capacity for sound judgment.  .. When we get a new gadget, a new toy... and we read the instructions we know how to work that gadget or toy... when we read the handbook.. the book of instructions we know what to do  when we do something wrong with that gadget... and if someone give us advice on that gadget, if we have read the instructions...we can discern if that persons advice is useful... but we have to read the instructions to know this...and if we read the instructions we are really smart about our new gadget!... The Bible is God's handbook, God's instructions for our life... and if we read our handbook... our instructions... we can make wise choices!!!... And if we read the instructions for our  lives when people give us advice we can discern if that advice is good advice... but if we don't choose to be wise...to read our instruction book... if we walk around thinking we always know it all...we often fall flat on our faces... we ofter overlook good advice from people that have insight that we don't  yet have... God so wants us to seek wisdom ... he wants us to be smart and knowledgeable... God asked Solomon what he wanted... Solomon could have anything he desired...and Solomon asked God for wisdom....God was so pleased with Solomon for seeking wisdom that God gave him everything his heart could desire... God loves us just as much as he loved Solomom.

No comments: