I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, February 18, 2010

2.18.10

Psalm 37:1-4 Don't worry about the wicked or envy those who do wrong.  For like grass, they soon fade away.  Like spring flowers, they soon wither.  Trust in the Lord and do good.  Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.  Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart's desire.

My Thoughts

God is all the time sending us messages about not worrying... about totally trusting that He will take care of us if we just trust in Him.... he told us this in the Old Testament and in the New Testament.... right here in Psalms it says not to worry about the wicked... wicked is defined as morally very bad... the wicked are those who go around trying to cause trouble... trying to make  you look bad so they will look good.... we have all worked with those kind of people... well God tells us to do good... do what we are supposed to do...to take Delight in the Lord... so when those people who try to trip you up in your day by acting morally very bad.... don't worry about them...go about doing what you are supposed to do....and delight in the Lord as you do good...as you do right... talk to God... tell Him you love him... praise Him... sing songs to Him... do this as you go about your day.... if you are taking time to delight in the Lord...it is impossible to worry about people being wicked.  Try it...I know it's not easy!!...a good way to do this is to thank God for 100 good things in your life... when you are spending time thinking about 100 good things in your life and thanking God for them...you don't have time to worry about the wicked.....try it and see if you have a much better day!  Hugs, Jeannie

No comments: