I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Saturday, February 20, 2010

2.10.10

Psalms 37:35-36 I have seen wicked and ruthless people flourishing like a tree in its native soil. But when I looked again , they were gone! Though I searched for them, I could not find them.

My Thoughts

We have all see these kinds of people...people who always seem to be getting wonderful things in spite of their not so wonderful actions..... and we see them often in those moments when they seem on top...and actually ask ourselves why shouldn't we just do what we want to do... so-in-so is always getting this or that?!... when we have those thoughts about someone we know they often get things through dishonest actions... if you stop to notice they are always loosing the things they have gotten .... it's like life on a roller coaster.... constantly stressful....always up and down and although it seems exciting something about it just isn't right!!... we need be godly because it goes on to say in Psalm 37:39-40 The Lord rescues the godly; he is their fortress in times of trouble. The Lord helps them rescuing them from the wicked. He saves them and they find shelter in him. When we do good, when we seek to be like God... we always, always have what we need...and we so often get things we want... we may not own the big shinny stuff.... but we never go hungry, we are never cold, we never ever feel unloved... its like riding the Carousel... we have cover from the rain, and our ups and downs are so smooth we almost don't notice them... but we enjoy every second!
Hugs
Jeannie

No comments: