I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, February 25, 2010

2.15.10

Psalms 41:1-13 Oh, the joys of those who are kind to the poor, The Lord rescues them when they are in trouble.

My Thoughts

Here in Psalms it tell us that we will be rescued in times of trouble if we are kind to the poor... and in Proverbs 10:16 it tells us...the poverty of the poor is their destruction.  So often when we are deciding who to give to...who to help... we often decide that someone isn't living "good" so we choose not to give to that person... but poverty often destroys a persons life to the point that they in desperation make bad choices... so should we really choose not to give to someone because of their actions if they need us... isn't hope the biggest part of what we are giving when we help the poor.. what if God decided our sins made us  too unworthy for him to give his Son for us... God gave the biggest gift he could give us because of our sins... when we are deciding to give to others... maybe just maybe we should decided not based on our judgment of them...but based solely on need.... God gave his Son based solely on need... God gave us hope... hope for a life with Him in heaven forever... should we not choose to give hope ... of just a better tomorrow...isn't it our responsibility to be a witness to those who need God... to give them hope.... maybe when we choose to give we should choose those who need hope the most...not the person who we think is most deserving because of their actions... God gave us hope inspite of our actions.
Hugs
Jeannie

No comments: