I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, February 14, 2010

2.14.10

Fear (n.)Dread or alarm in facing danger, profound reverence and awe.
Psalm 34:11-14
Come my childern and listen to me and I will teach you to fear the Lord. Does anyone want to live a life that is long and prosperous?  Then keep your tougue from speeking evil and your lips from telling lies!  Turn away from evil and do good, search for peace, and work to maintan it.

My Thoughts

Oh we all want to live a long and prosperous life... to see our childern and grandchildern grow and become the people they are going to be... hopefully even our great grandchildern... and the Bible tell us just how to do that!... Keep our tongues from speeking evil..don't tell lies... do good... search for peace.... Jesus tells us to "love  our neighbors (everyone) as we would love ourselves."  this alone would help us not speek evil, tell lies, help us to do good!!... because we want people to say good things about us, not lie about us.. do good things for us... when we live like God wants us to we have peace in our everyday life... peace in our daily life is freedom from worry...the Bible tells us right here in Pslams that we have to work at peace... it takes time, thought and effort to do these things... but imagine the peace we have in our days if we don't have to worry about what we have said, when we don't have to worry that we will get caught in a lie, when we don't have to worry if we have done a bad thing because we have spent our time doing good things for others...doing these things would eliminate so much of the stress in our lives...and on top of that we get to live longer!!...What blessings God promises us!!... we just have to take time to learn how God wants us to live our lives, we have to seek wisdom.

No comments: