I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, February 19, 2010

2.19.10

Mark 4:24-25 The Jesus added, "Pay close attention to what you hear. The closer you listen the more understanding you will be given--and you will receive even more.  To those who listen to my  teaching, more understanding will be given.  But for those who are not listening, even what little understanding they have will be taken away from them."

My Thoughts

God so wants us to know him that he filled a whole book with instructions to know him better... he so wants us to have a good life that that book is filled with ways to make our life better each and every day!!... but the world crowds out what we learn...if we don't continue to learn.... how blessed our lives will be if we listen to God each and every day by reading his word.... and listening to him when he speaks to our hearts... and the more we know about God the easier it is to understand...and listen to him.... to live like he wants us to live...we as parents want our children to have wonderful, happy, stress free, productive lives filled with love... that is what God wants for us... and he wants even more.... all we have to do is take some time each day to understand what he was for us... and we will understand more and more and more the more we burn his teachings into our heart and our memory... and our lives will be better and better and better... lets not let the world choke out God....lets let God surround us with love and choke out the evil of the world.

No comments: