I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, December 8, 2013

12.8.13

Hosea 8:4 The people have appointed kings without my consent, and princes without my knowledge.  By making idols for themselves from their silver and gold they have brought about their own destruction.

My Thoughts
This really stood out to me today!!  I thought of all the people we put in charge with our votes.  How often do we listen to the news media, the person running, our friends, social media to influence who that we vote for?  How often do we rely on our own "ability" to access a person's character... by the ads that they run.  How often do we do online research and just believe the first few things that we read?  We don't have to depend on any of that!  We shouldn't depend on any of that.  We each truly don't have a true way of knowing the people we put in office, well at least most of us don't. We just tend to believe what we hear and access the person through that point of view. And when we go about putting people into high positions in our country this way it must make God frown!  All we really need to do is go to God in prayer, then listen! Listen to what He tells us. We don't need to decide on which party we are for... or if somebody believes what we believe... we just need to ask God, then God will take care of our country.

We make it so complicated!  Satan gets involved and stirs the pot and stirs up the confusion!  But really it is simple, God knows!!  God always knows! And if we go to God in our decision making then God will take care of the rest! 

No comments: