I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, December 1, 2013

12.1.13

1 John 1:5-7 This is the message we heard from Jesus and now declare to you: God is light, and there is no darkness in him at all. So we are lying if we say we have fellowship with God but go on living in spiritual darkness; we are not practicing the truth. But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.

My Thoughts

Do you know how we live in spiritual darkness? We don't take time to learn the truth, we don't take time to really get to know God by knowing everything there is to know about Him. For years I would go to church and listen and try to learn....but I would leave saying, "I don't get it?" I didn't always think this...but way too much of the time I did. Then I would go about trying to be good and failing horribly and missing out on that peace that passes all understanding that I would hear some people talk about. I would know that something was missing, but I was going to church!! I was trying the best that I knew at the time. What I didn't know was that I needed to pick up my Bible and start learning, letting God's word tell me exactly who God is. And that made all the difference! Do I still mess up? All the time...but now I know how to try to do better, now I know how to call down God's grace to help me do better next time. Now when God throws my sins into the Sea of Forgetfulness, because Jesus died for me...I can better leave them there and not be tormented by Satan because I messed up. And this allows me to be able to grow and move forward. Now I don't have to try so hard to live better, I just have to love God and He teaches me exactly how to live better.

The worst lies that we tell are the ones that we tell ourselves. And when we tell ourselves that we know God "enough" we can find ourselves in real trouble. For years I knew God "enough" but all along I knew something was still missing... I felt it deep in my being. It was that relationship with God that I was missing. I knew who God was but I didn't know God for myself. That makes all the difference.
We can't go about trusting what others tell us about who God is... we must pick up our Bibles and find out for ourselves. I use to say, I tired but I don't understand! But let me tell you God tells us that if we seek wisdom, wisdom will find us. What I have learned is that if I seek after God, He will give me understanding. But I must show myself faithful by doing the seeking.

The wonderful thing about God's amazing light is that it cast no shadows for us to hide in, or for us to get lost in. Sometimes that light reveals things we need to be rid of. But in a loving way that says, If you quit doing this, if you ask for forgiveness and do better, I will be able to bless you with this!" If we are hearing you are worthless, you are useless, you will never recover from what you have done! That is Satan taking what he told us was okay and using it against us. God does not do that, God says, "I love you... lets get rid of this sin... cast it out and forget about it... don't do it again so that life will be good... so that I can shower you with My blessings... and hey I will even give you My grace to help you do better!" And God so often does this with His word.

If you want that life changing experience with God.... read, read, read His word! I promise you if you seek Him and don't give up your life will change in amazing ways!!

No comments: