I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, December 15, 2013

12.15.13

Hosea 7:13a They look everywhere except to the Most High.


My Thoughts

How often do we do this? We do this all the time. We pop a pill for a headache, first thing, instead of sending up a prayer...then if it doesn't go away we send up a prayer. We open up a book for a good story, instead of opening up the Bible. We run to our friends when we have a problem then if the problem doesn't go away we beg God to help us. We grumble and complain to each other instead of telling God our troubles so that He can guide us to a solution. We shop to fill those empty places instead of spending time with God to fill those empty spaces. We spend money on things we don't really need then worry about money we don't have to cover our needs, instead of giving God back His ten percent so that He can give us what He promises, blessings shaken together, pressed down and running over. We make God our safety net without spending time to mend any places we have torn apart, instead of spending time with God and making Him our first line of defense so that we don't need a safety net.

We tend to look to the world, get so easily distracted by the world and take our eyes off of God. We forget that God holds all the answers. God gives us the answers along with a quiet in the storm of life.  We just have to stay focused on Him.  We tend to be like Peter and look at what we are doing instead of keeping our eyes on God.  We all look at Peter and know that he sank the minute he took His eyes off of Jesus, yet we do that all the time.  If our stories were written in God's word people would shake their heads at us too. 

The wonderful thing is this, when we find ourselves looking to the world we can call down God's grace to help us stay focused on God. 

No comments: