I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, December 13, 2013

12.13.13

Revelation 4:11 "You are worthy, O Lord our God, to receive glory and honor and power.  For you created all things, and they exist because you created what you pleased."

My Thoughts
All my life I heard the phrase, "He just does as he pleases!" This was not a good thing, I never heard it said in a good light about anybody. My grandmother used it, my mom used it, my step-dad used it, my mother-in-law used it, her mother used it.  I have gotten in trouble as a child and it started out with, "Do you think it is okay to do as you please?"  So I had to stop myself and think about this verse to be able to see it in a good light, and I knew that I should see it in a good light. The Holy Spirit helped me!  I do love the Holy Spirit! And somehow I missed out on Him for years!!!

When I stopped to think about it I fist thought about the twenty-four elders sitting in Heaven saying this... it had to be only good.  The I re-phrased the "what you pleased" into "what pleases you" in my mind and re-read it to myself, out loud.  Listen, say it out loud even, "For you created all things, and they exist because you created what pleases you."  Then I thought, "Wow! God created me! He chose to make "me." It brought tears to my eyes!!  To think God, chose to make me.  The same God that makes beautiful sunsets and oceans and mountains.  The same God that can paint the sky and make it take my breath away, chose to make me! The same God that created the tulips that fill fields in the Netherlands, chose to make me.  And He chose to make YOU! How can I ever again think that I don't matter?

No comments: