I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, December 27, 2013

12.27.13

Zachariah 10:1-2 Ask the Lord for rain in the spring, for he makes the storm clouds. And he will send showers of rain so every field becomes a lush pasture. Household gods give worthless advice, fortune-tellers predict only lies, and interpreters of dreams pronounce falsehoods that give no comfort. So my people are wandering like lost sheep; they are attacked because they have so Shepard.

My Thoughts
God is who takes care of us. He can take care of us in any situation. He can make our money stretch, he can give our bodies abilities we didn't know they had. God can give us incredible knowledge where there was none. God can protect our homes in storms when all is destroyed around us. God is our provider in all things, when, WHEN we keep our eyes on Him. God will provide us with all of our needs when we love Him, and even bless us with things we didn't even know we wanted.

Here it tells us that "my people" are wandering like lost sheep. We tend to look out at the unsaved of the world and think that they are the problem. It would be easy if that were the case. But here it talks about "God's people" looking to the world for answers, for comfort, for provision. When we as God's people spend more time talking about the government and the stock market than we do God, we have lost our way. When we as God's people spend more time watching the news than reading our Bibles (me) then we, (I) have lost our way. When we as God's people spend more time talking about things like Obama Care then we do in prayer, we have lost our way. We, God's people, can make a difference, or we can play the blame game. The way we make a difference is by keeping our eyes, our words, our actions in line with God. Then God will take care of the economy, health care, our bank accounts, the food on our tables.

God's word talks about how God loves us all. God's word tells us that we can all be saved. Then God's word spends the rest of its print talking about how God's people need to act. It spends it's words telling the history of God's people turning from God to other things. God's word is talking to God's people most of the time...when it is not talking to God's people it is telling the rest of the world that Jesus loves them and they can be saved! We have the power to bring our nation back. We God's people! But we, God's people have to look different than the rest of the world. Not by criticizing the rest of the world, but by spending our time in prayer, in God's word, in love, in action. When we do this our crops get plenty of water, the right amount of sunshine, we keep out the weeds and our harvest is amazing. When we see something different happening in our world, we need to look at ourselves! We, I, myself is the only person I can change and when I change my life where it falls in line with God. The benefits that God will shower down on me will make others want what I have. We, God's people have the power of God on our side, IF we are doing what God ask of us.

I have grown so much, but I have so much growing to do! God has given me so many, many gifts these last four years and I can have more of His amazing blessings IF I continue to improve my life to align with His will. I must continue to grow! As God's people we can never accept where we are, we must always, always look to be better!

No comments: