I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, December 24, 2013

12.24.13

Zechariah 3:1-2 Then the angel showed me Jeshua the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord. The Accuser, Satan was there at the angel's right hand, making accusations against Jeshua. And the Lord said to Satan, "I, the Lord reject your accusations, Satan. Yes, the Lord who has chosen Jerusalem, rebukes you. This man is like a burning stick that has been snatched from the fire."
My Thoughts
As I read this, this morning, I thought of how all the things that Jeshua had done wrong were prompted by Satan, himself .... then Satan, himself stood and accused Jeshua! Satan does that to us all the time, He tells us to do something, that it is okay. Then the very minute we give in Satan tells us what a horrible person we are. Even after we have gone to God for forgiveness, Satan brings our sins up again and again and again. God does not do that He throws our sins into the sea of forgetfulness! God does not remember them to bring them up again!! God also tells us the truth from the beginning... God tells us right from wrong. God tells us that when we do good "this" will happen and if we do bad "this" will happen. With God we know the truth from the beginning.

The wonderful thing about God is how much He loves us... the verses just after this, just after God saves Jeshua from the fire, He has the angels take Jeshua's filthy clothing and He has Jeshua dressed in white, all clean like he had never even been near the fire much less snatched from it. That, my friend, is love.

As I wrote this morning, I thought too of how we as humans, bring up the past, we accuse others when our feelings are hurt. To be like God we need to throw the past into the sea of forgetfulness and move forward with people without accusing them of the past again and again. We need to give people new beginnings in our hearts. We need to remember when that feels impossible to do, God will send down His grace to help us. Our hearts don't need to be screaming, "look what you did!" Our hearts need to be saying, "I forgive."


No comments: