I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, December 5, 2013

12.5.13

1 John 5:21 Dear children, keep away from anything that might take God's place in your hearts.

My Thoughts
I imagine that this would be different for each of us, or maybe much the same. I am trying to think of what it might be for me.  If I  am truthful and spend time recognizing this, I keep myself safe.  Or maybe I don't need to figure it out at all, so I won't be tempted in the least.  Maybe I need to pray to God each day to keep me safe from anything that could take God's place in my heart.   I am learning that when I keep God first that He lines other things up in my life in such perfect order.  It is when I depend on myself that I tend to get all tangled up in things that distract me way too much! I do need to keep my eye out for things that get in the way of my prayer life, or my Bible reading.  Sometime I feel that life just gets in the way...but that is when I am just too busy, too busy for my own good! 

No comments: