I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, April 9, 2012

4.9.12

Luke 12:25 And which of you by being overly anxious and troubled with cares can add a cubic to his stature or a moment of time to his age?

My Thoughts
Oh wow was this a timely verse for me today!!!...I had had some test run...and was worried, so worried... then I sit down and this is my verse today from my Love Out Loud devotional. Just after I read this...and its commentary to go with it...my phone rings... it is the doctors office...and both of my biopsies had come back fine!  I can tell you that I had not practiced this verse at all!!! 

One of my problems is that once you get a diagnosis like Lupus... it is really hard not to feel like any other test are going to be OK.  My grandmother was a worrier, my mom was, and I am... but here Jesus tells us that anxiety and worry does not add to our lives!!  In fact it is the devil's way of making us unproductive!!

I have spent the last 5 days in worry, 4 of those days my sweet husband was at home on vacation... and worry made me useless.... we were both worried and got less done...and we missed out on a chance to enjoy spending time together.  And all that worry...well it was for nothing!!.. If I had been sick it would have made that worse not better...and in fact I was not sick at all.

Not only did worry not add any time to my life... it actually took away a part of my life that I will never get a chance to get back!!!  Now I laugh at myself and think...what if it had been the worse news?!?  While I was still feeling good...I had 4 days to spend with my sweet husband doing something special!!  And I didn't even use it that way!! 

Yesterday a dear lady in Sunday School shared with us that one day in worship she was praying for things that she was concerned about and God said to her "This is my time.. spend it worshiping me and I will take care of everything else."  She said that she stopped and started worshiping God that day...and sure enough God took care of the rest. So this morning every time I started to worry, I would just stop and praise God... and thank God for the things around me.... then look what happened...the phone rang and I was just fine.  I turned my worry into praise and God took care of the rest!

No comments: