I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, April 19, 2012

4.19.12

Luke 19:30-35  “Go into that village over there,” he told them. “As you enter it, you will see a young donkey tied there that no one has ever ridden. Untie it and bring it here.  If anyone asks, ‘Why are you untying that colt?’ just say, ‘The Lord needs it.’”

 So they went and found the colt, just as Jesus had said. 33 And sure enough, as they were untying it, the owners asked them, “Why are you untying that colt?”
 And the disciples simply replied, “The Lord needs it.”  So they brought the colt to Jesus and threw their garments over it for him to ride on.

My Thoughts
We need to lives our lives in such a way that God knows that anything that he ask of us we we freely give.  Jesus knew this man would give his donkey, just because he needed it... no explanation of why or what for... no questions from the owner of the donkey...just a gift to Jesus because he needed it. I don't think God minds if we ask why.... He loves us and wants us to understand... but I also think that when we know without a doubt that God is asking for something from us that we should be prepared to give without even a thought.

This donkey would have provided something for this man... he could have sold it and fed his family for no telling how long... or he could have used this donkey to plow his fields for years...but he gave his donkey freely all because "The Lord needs it."

What does God need from me today? I need to ask...what does God need from you? Can we be like this man who gave up his donkey?

No comments: