I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, April 2, 2012

4.2.12

Luke 9:28-29 About eight days later Jesus took Peter, John and James up on a mountain to pray.  And as Jesus was praying, the appearance of his face was transformed, and his clothes became dazzling white.

My Thoughts
This is in my reading from yesterday...yesterday I woke up dizzy..the room spinning and was unable to do my reading..then I didn't ever make the time later in the day... but yesterday I would not have seen this verse the way I see it today!!

I first thought "Moses was glowing too, after he spent time with God!!"  (Exodus 34:29) We may not ourselves glow whiter and brighter in the same way Jesus and Moses did...but God's word...and prayer change us!  They change us into people that have a love and kindness in them that light up a room. God's love washes us clean and makes us all white again, without blemish.  God's love makes us glow! 

I remember a few months after starting my first journey through the Bible, I ran into a dear friend... she said "Jeannie you glow like a pregnant woman!" What is different about you... I told her... spending time with God... God was making me glow!!...

We think that happiness makes us glow when we are pregnant...what if it is the perfect, sin free person inside us glowing so much that it just shows through us!

God's love can make us perfect again... Jesus died on the cross so that we can be in the presence of God... so that the Holy Spirit could come down and live inside of us. Each effort we make toward God... toward prayer, toward reading and learning God's word... toward learning to hear the Holy Spirit...that is one more layer of us polished ... making us dazzling white with God's love!!

No comments: