I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, April 13, 2012

4.13.12

Luke 16:12 And if you are not faithful with other people's things, why should you be trusted with the things you own?

My Thoughts
God is always present, always. He watches us as we do our jobs...as we use what belongs to others.  Jesus tells us here that if we don't take care of things that belong to others, can He trust enough to give us things of our own?

I wonder how much we miss out on because we are not diligent to take care of even the smallest things at work. I am talking here about pens and pencils and paper clips.  Everything that our employer has bought and purchased. We need to be careful when copying things to make sure and to it right where we won't waste paper and ink.  We need to be careful not to scuff walls when moving things.  We need to be careful of the gas we use when driving a company car.  God is always watching.... and when He sees that we are diligent to take care of things that are not ours ... He can trust to give us enough to give us more.  We should never say ...that doesn't matter I can buy another one...we should be careful and use things at work and home until it is all used up! Between today's verse and my verse on Wednesday I am learning that God expects us to take care of everything... God expects us to recycle and reuse. If we want more in life... we  have to be good at taking care of the things we have now! Just imagine what God will shower down on our lives if he sees us diligently taking care of everything we touch like it is a treasure...even things as small as paper clips.

No comments: