I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, April 15, 2012

4.15.12

Psalm 84:11 For the Lord God is our sun and our shield.  He gives  us grace and glory.  The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right.

My Thoughts
I love this verse... first the sun...oh the sun...it gives us energy... it actually makes vitamins in our body work properly... it makes all the plants grow...it warms the earth.  Then their is a shield.... a shield protects a person in battle.. it keeps bad things from happening to us.  In battle if arrows are flying toward a person the shield keeps those arrows from doing the solider.  Then their is grace and glory... I have heard grace defined as "God's ability working within us helping us do the things we could not accomplish on our own." I love that definition!  And glory...well it is defined as high renowned honor won by notable achievements. 

Look at all this ...what all this one verse says God will do for us!!... He will give us energy and keep us warm... he will prefect from all that comes against us to cause us harm... he will give us his ability to accomplish things we could not accomplish on our own...and God give us high renowned honor... because he will help us achieve things that people notice... It tells us in this verse that God will hold no good thing from us when we choose to do what is right!!  Our part is to choose to act in a way that is pleasing to God...and he even give us an instruction book for that!! 

What a blessing it is to be loved by an all knowing all powerful God that wants to do so much in our lives!!  A God that loves us beyond measure!!

No comments: