I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Wednesday, April 4, 2012

4.4.12

Deuteronomy 7:22 And the Lord your God will clear out the nations before you, little by little; you may not consume them quickly, lest the beast of the field increase among you.

My Thoughts
Here God was talking about the Israelites taking over the Promise Land. This tells me that God knows that things take time... that we grow in steps...that when we grow, little by little... it is a change that can't be taken away from us by the devil.  When we grow one step at a time...we are able to put that step into practice in our lives in a way that becomes a part of who we are... not something we know now and forget next week. God does not expect us to be perfect.... he expects us to try. When God sees us making an effort to please Him, and we are get better and better, little by little He is so proud of us!!  So we don't need to get discouraged at our self!  We just need to keep trying!  Picking ourselves up when we fall, asking God for His forgiveness.  Accepting that forgiveness and forgiving ourselves in the process. Then we move forward... knowing that the fact that we know we messed up IS a step forward..then pressing on to do better and better and better as a Child of God. We need to remember that when we don't forgive ourselves we don't grow...we get stuck. If God forgives us, the Almighty, Spotless God...then we can forgive ourselves... forgiveness or ourselves is one of the first steps in moving forward and becoming what God wants us to be!

No comments: