I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, April 12, 2012

4.12.12

Joshua 6:24-25 The the Israelites burned the town and everything in it.  Only the things made from silver, gold, bronze, or iron were kept for the treasury of the Lord's house.  So Joshua spared Rahab the prostitute and her relatives who were with her in the house, because she had hidden the spies Joshua sent to Jericho. And she lives among the Israelites to this day.

My Thoughts
I love this story!... God didn't choose the king, or governor... or highest guard... God chose to use Rahab the prostitute...the lowest of the low to help the Israelites.  Not only was her life spared.... but the lives of her family member were spared!  And she went to live among the Israelites, to be a part of God's chosen people!

No matter what we have done... no matter how low we have gone in life... God can use us... we can be a child of God... we can live with Him forever.  It is our choice... all we have to do is follow Jesus and we become God's... and he can use us to do amazing things... God used Rahab to save a nation of people by hiding the spies and keeping them safe... God can use each and ever one of us... no matter what our life has been like. Joyce Meyer puts it this way "God likes to use cracked pots." When God uses cracked pots his glory shines through!!

No comments: