I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, April 22, 2012

4.22.12

Proverbs 13:21 Trouble chases sinners while blessings reward the righteous.

My Thoughts
I have heard Pastor David define righteous as "right standing with God."  Being righteous doesn't mean we won't mess up...it doesn't mean that we will never sin...it means that when we do...we go straight to God and make everything in our lives right again by confessing our sin.  I find that when I see myself confessing the same sin over and over again that I finally begin to notice that sin when it is happening.  Once I begin to notice that sin outside of my confessions to God each day the first thing I notice myself doing is asking forgiveness right after the sin....then I find myself stopping mid sin...the I find that I hear the Holy Spirit prompting me when I just think about repeating that sin... and finally, finally I have control over that sin.  It is a process...something I learn little by little.

The thing is... I am made right by God...as long as I confess my sin...and as long as I am trying to do better.  Blessings reward the righteous!!... As I do better I find more of God's blessings in my life.  When I wasn't trying to do better...when I was not confessing my sins...I would often find that no matter how much I tried to do right, trouble happened. It looking back if was just as if it was always chasing me down...running after me to make life harder.  When I learned to get right with God my efforts produced rewards. 

We have to realize that God is on our side!  God loves us so much and he wants to make our lives good.  The things we learn from the Bible are not to make life hard...they are to make our lives so much easier.  This verse tells us... If you get right with God blessing will follow... if you go about sinning and not caring that you sinned and don't make an effort to do better ...then trouble follows.  God is saying... "I have to separate myself from sin. Confess that sin so that I can be with you and bless you!!  When you do that not only will I bless you, I will help you do better and better and better. I love you so much!!" The thing that seperates us from God is unconfessed sin in our lives... our complete unwillingness to admit that we do anything wrong.  When we get in that mode trouble chases us down. When we run to God and say..I have messed up! Please forgive me!!  Please help me do better! ... Then God pours our his blessing on our lives in amazing ways!

No comments: