I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Tuesday, April 17, 2012

4.17.12

Psalms 86:15 But you, O Lord, are a God of compassion and mercy, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness.

My Thoughts
I love this!... The more I get to know God the more I know that it is true.  When I first started reading my Bible every day...I was always trying so hard to never mess up... to the point that I messed up more...I would feel and say to myself "God is so mad at me!" When the truth was I was mad at myself...setting unrealistic goals.... the more I read and understand God the more I know that God wants us love Him..and to do our best to do what He ask...when we do what He ask our lives are better... He sets out rules for us so that our lives will be better. He sets out these rules for us because He loves us so much.

The key, I am finding out, is to love God, get to know God enough to love Him...then he helps me with the rest... the more I know God, the more I love God... the more I love God the more I want to do better.  God is not angry with me if I mess up, because he knows that I am trying... God knows that I am getting better little by little... God knows that the more I love Him the better I will get at doing what He ask...the better my life will be.

My mother use to tell me this story.  Her daddy would always get mad at her and her brothers and sisters if they hurt themselves.  He would seem really angry.  My mother one day as her mother, "Why does daddy get mad at us for getting hurt?" her mom replied, "Would he get mad if somebody else hurt you?" and my mom said "Yes." Then my grandmother said, "He gets upset at you when  you hurt yourself, when he has told you not to do something for the same reason he would get upset if somebody else hurt you, because he loves you so much."   I think that is how God is... He gets angry at us for hurting ourselves because He loves us so much!  He gets angry if we worship another god, because another God can not save us from hell. 

God is not angry at us when we mess up, if we are trying, because he knows that we will get there! He knows that we love Him and when we love him, he can protect us. He is filled..thing if that FILLED with unfailing love and faithfulness for us! 

No comments: