I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, April 5, 2012

4.5.12

Luke 11:34-36 Your eye is a lamp that provides light for your body.  When your eye is good, your whole body is filled with light.  But when it is bad your body is filled with darkness.  Make sure the light you think you have is not actually darkness.  If you are filled with light, with no dark corners, then your whole life will be radiant, as though a floodlight were filling you with light."

My Thoughts
This says to me that we need to be careful what we let into our minds...through what we watch on TV and what we read.  We often we see things as just as entertainment...not something we actually believe in..but it is something that we are letting into our minds...to dwell there to think on.  I remember years ago that Robby and I had a preacher that said "Comedy was the devil's way of getting us to accept the unacceptable."  The older I get the more I believe this statement.  The more I can see it come to past.  This verse convicts me even more to monitor what I allow to enter my mind through my eyes. It tells me that when I see the unacceptable becoming acceptable..I need to monitor what I am watching and what I am reading.  God wants us to be filled with light...and Jesus is telling us here... that we can crowd out the light by letting the darkness enter. We need to be spending more of our free time learning more about God... so that our lives will be radiant!!

No comments: