I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, February 27, 2011

2.27.22

Mark 9:21-24  “How long has this been happening?” Jesus asked the boy’s father. He replied, “Since he was a little boy.  The spirit often throws him into the fire or into water, trying to kill him. Have mercy on us and help us, if you can.”  “What do you mean, ‘If I can’?” Jesus asked. “Anything is possible if a person believes.”  The father instantly cried out, “I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!”

My Thoughts
A few verses later we learn that Jesus does heal this little boy.  This is such a good story to describe that our faith can be small to start out with.  This man had been through so much with his little boy... then the disciples had not been able to cast out the evil spirits... that father had just reached the point of thinking that help was possible... he wanted to believe... The wonderful thing is that Jesus can even help us with our faith, Jesus can help our faith become stronger... if we just have faith, that faith works we can do like this father did and cry out "I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!"  Next time we find ourselves feeling hopeless for any reason we can remember this story... we can remember that we know, that we know that Jesus will help us and we can ask for him to help us believe, to have faith.  We can ask Jesus to help us pray, to pray for us... we just need enough faith to reach out and ask...Jesus will take care of the rest!

No comments: