I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, February 10, 2011

2.10.11

Psalms 32:3-4 When I refuse to confess my  sin, my body wasted away, and I groaned all day long.  Day and night your hand of discipline was heavy on me.  My strength evaporated like water in the summer heat.

My Thoughts
In verse one it says Oh, what joy for those whose disobedience is forgiven, whose sin is out of sight.  Have you ever noticed how guilt can just zap you of all your drive and energy?  We fill guilty when we sin, sometimes we feel guilty and don't know why. I think that is when we have sinned and are not exactly sure what we have done.  In those cases we can ask God, what unconfused sin do I have in my life...and if we sit quietly and listed God tells us.  Then we can confess our sins and the weight of the world can be lifted off our shoulders. The guilt will melt away and life will be better.  We get to feel joy when we are forgiven. God wants us to feel that wonderful joy. The reason God wants us to confess our sins is so that we will know what we are doing wrong and we can fix it... the confession is for us so that we can live better lives.  When we realize our sin we know better so we can do better. When we do better our life is good. When we do better God smiles down on us because he loves it when we make choices that make life better. God doesn't give us a bunch of rules because he likes to see us jump through hoops. God give us rules because he likes to see us safe and happy.  In his great wisdom he knows what makes us safe and happy. God gives us rules to help us be safe and happy because he loves us so much.

No comments: