I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Sunday, February 20, 2011

2.20.11

Mark 4:2-28 Jesus also said, “The Kingdom of God is like a farmer who scatters seed on the ground.  Night and day, while he’s asleep or awake, the seed sprouts and grows, but he does not understand how it happens. The earth produces the crops on its own. First a leaf blade pushes through, then the heads of wheat are formed, and finally the grain ripens.

My Thoughts
I read yesterday about planting your seed on good soil.  You know the story how if you plant your seed on the hard ground it doesn't grow... if you plant you seed on the ground where it doesn't take root it grows but the wind will blow it away... but if you plant your seed on good ground it takes root and grows strong.  What I have learned in the last year is that when I read my Bible each day it is like spreading fertilizer on soil and making it rich and strong for the seed that has been planted.  Like in this story when I read my Bible each day and talk with God each day my life started changing and growing in all kinds of ways that I didn't expect.  Each day I have become stronger and stronger... I find myself just being a better person... I find making decisions much easier because I know right from wrong, I don't have to figure it out.  The more I talk to God the more I hear him when he talks to me.  The more I read my Bible and talk to God the easier life gets.  Like an oak tree the storms come and the more I grow the better I weather the storm.  Before I wanted to do what God ask but I didn't take the time to learn what God wanted. I didn't fertilize my soil... and before long I was lost again and wandering about without direction.  Now that I fertilize my soil I am able to stay grounded and know exactly where my roots are.  It took a little while for my roots to take hold but once they did. The feeling was amazing.  The change in me is amazing. The hope in me is amazing.  It is so worth the time it takes... because the stronger I get the less time I spend undoing bad decisions.

No comments: