I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Thursday, February 24, 2011

2.24.11

Psalms 40:16 But may all who search for you be filled with joy and gladness. May those who love your salvation repeatedly shout, "The LORD is great!"

My Thoughts
I love this... the Psalmist had been talking about his troubles and all his sins which we all have... but he knew God's great love could overcome all of his sins and his troubles... even in his troubles he cried out "The LORD is great!"  This tells me that God can overcome anything and fill us with joy and gladness... we don't have to have the power to overcome our sins and troubles before God will love us... God loves us already and we just have to give it all up to God and God will overcome our sins and troubles.  It is all about loving God and using God's grace to become a better person.  When we shout out praises to God in our hearts, out loud... how ever we choose to shout out praises to God we draw God close to us... we are able to be more aware of the Holy Spirit inside of us guiding our steps. When we need God the most and are able to say the least all we have to remember to do is shout praises to Him and He will be there to help us overcome any obstacles standing in our way!  When we are at our lowest and call out to God we can be filled to our fullest with joy and gladness.  Because God can overcome anything. So next time we think "I am not strong enough!" know without a shadow of doubt that God is strong enough we don't have to be... all we need for the most mighty strength working within us is love and praise for our Almighty God!

Thank you God for teaching me about  your strength through your word!  Please God be my strength today and everyday. God, You are Great and Mighty and Strong and Loving and Kind. Thank you for filling me with joy and gladness! In Jesus Name

No comments: