I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Monday, February 14, 2011

2.14.11

Psalms 24:14 Turn away from evil and do good work.  Search for peace and work to maintain it.

My Thoughts
Search for peace and work to maintain it... on wow... powerful words!!... we are to seek after peace.. we are to find peaceful relationships... think about it we do our best when we are at peace... we work better, we are more creative, we are more productive.  Work to maintain it... peace isn't always easy!!  .. the devils is always trying to cause strife in our lives... to break us apart from each other, partly because we are stronger together!  Peace takes work... it takes keeping your mouth shut sometimes, it takes taking time to look at something through somebody else's eyes.... maintaining peace means that we have to take the time to take other people into consideration...and instead of getting angry at somebody when they have hurt us we need to take time to explain ourselves in a kind and thoughtful way... not criticizing the other person... not yelling at the other person... but using our people skills to the best of our ability so that we don't put others on the defensive.  Peace takes work ...we are to seek peace...that means find ways to have peace in our lives... and work to maintain it...that means we are to do our part... do all it takes to keep peace in our relationships.  We are more effective when we are at peace, in every way... we are a more effective witness for God and all he has done when we are a peace with others.

No comments: