I decided to start this blog (2010) because my son, John-Robert gave me a One Year Bible for Christmas, the New Living Translation... reading it has changed my life... I post a daily Bible verse on my Facebook page every day and it has been well received... I thought that this would be a wonderful way to share part of what I read each day!... I hope that you enjoy it.



This Year 2012 I am going to do things a little different... not much...just a little. I am again reading through my One Year Bible (for the 3rd time). But I am also using "The Secret Power of Speaking God's Word" by Joyce Meyer. This book is divided by putting scriptures under different categories so they can be used to speak over our life situations. Each day I will read a category of scripture and pick a scripture in that category to write about.



Hugs

Jeannie







Friday, February 25, 2011

2.25.11

Psalms 41:1 Oh, the joys of those who are kind to the poor! The Lord rescues them when they are in trouble.

My Thoughts
Other versions of the Bible replace poor with words like, helpless, down on their luck.  The Bible talks about people who are poor in spirit.  People can be poor in many ways.  Poor as in money, poor in spirit, poor in health, poor in ability.  One definition of poor:  Lacking in a specified resource or quality. I believe that we all have areas in our lives where we are poor.  We can be poor in confidence, poor in happiness, poor in security, poor in friendships.  Our job as children of God is to take time to know people around us enough to know how a person is poor and to the best of our ability help them in the area in which they are poor.  Nurture the lives of the people around us.  A person having a bad day at work is poor is some way. Maybe that day they are poor in happiness.  We can be kind to them, be a bright spot ...  we can be the person that adds goodness and kindness to their day. We think of helping people poor in health by taking them food. Somebody poor in money by giving money to them.  These are wonderful thing!.. But there are so many kinds of "poor," we need to become aware of all the "poors" in the world and reach out in every way. Our gifts may be in helping the poor in spirit, or the poor in ability.  We each have different gifts for different reasons. If we all learned to use our gifts to serve God and the people around us imagine what the world would be like.  If there were somebody in our "village" who was poor in many areas it would take many people to help that person, one person could not do it alone. We need to ask ourselves "Who are the poor that I can reach...and how can I reach them?  What is my gift and how do I use it?" Helping the poor isn't just about money, it isn't just a money thing. The richest man can be poor. The poorest man can share one of his riches.  What riches do you have to share?

No comments: